Welsh Quilting - By Machine!!

My first proper post on this blog.....
And I thought I'd start with something to get you talking/thinking.
Now usually I hand quilt my Welsh Quilts and love doing so.
Welsh Quilts = Hand Quilting
But
One day I decided to see just how small I could machine quilt (freemotion machine quilt).
And
Inspired by the book
Making Welsh Quilts by Mary Jenkins and Claire Claridge
I used their plan for The Brecon Star Quilt quilting - as it was on the book page.
No enlarging for me
And I made this rather lovely piece. It's A4 size, that's the size of a normal piece of photocopy paper.

But - don't try this at home folks!
Well you can if you want.
But Remember this quilt is very small.

When I tried to machine quilt a more normal sized Welsh Quilt I didn't like the results.
So it's hand quilting for the rest of my Welsh Quilts - unless I decide to make another miniature that is!


To see more pictures of this quilt view my gallery page - you will have to scroll down the page to find the pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wool quilt

Welsh Quilting Talk